We thought this would be a great post considering it is now tax season. However, just be to clear, Highland Tax Group, Inc. does not prepare or file tax returns. We can however, pair you up with the appropriate resource to do so. Highland Tax Group, Inc. prides itself on developing relationships within the community and has a deep well when it comes to tax preparer resources, business resources, and other financial needs.
Below are five good reasons to E-file your return:
– Your return will be more accurate and more complete – an e-filed return is rejected if it isn’t accurate for some reason, therefore, it is best to e-file as it helps reduce errors on the actual tax return.
– It is an absolute free service. The IRS does not charge to e-file your return. Therefore, you can log in, create an account, and file (and pay if you owe) your return online.
– It is a much more secure way to file your return, transmitting data over the internet can be scary, however, the IT professionals who contract with IRS know encryption methods to keep your data safe and sound.
– There are more payment options if you e-file (providing you owe) and therefore you can set up a credit card payment (get the points!) debit card, or electronic check to pay your liability timely and secure.
– Of course last and not least is obtaining your refund much faster. Within 21 days according to the article below.
If you owe money to the IRS and aren’t sure what to do, can’t afford to pay it, feel free to contact Highland Tax Group, Inc. by calling us at 720-398-6088. We will be happy to take a look at your situation and give you guidance to help move forward toward resolution. Happy Filing!